Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Seriously?

Seriously? Seriously. Really?

I am not all normally handslappy and upset over silly stuff but today it is just pissing me off. I go to my FB page and post after post after post of people whining about the changes on FB.

REALLY!?!?!? Really? This is worthwhile enough to have people upset? Honestly? They changed the layout of your social media?!?!? I've seen friends saying they are cancelling their accounts over this - fine. We all spend too much time there anyway - but this

the changing outline look design format whatever is really worthwhile posting and complaining about?

WHAT!??!?! OMG! I *WISH* this was worthwhile for me to complain about it - because here is the seriously handslappy part - if this is enough to make you complain - you have a pretty freakin awesome amazing life! Not that my life oh woe is me, it is so much harder, that's not what I'm saying - this is a pretty lame and first world problem - I just can't believe the upset. I have a whole series of things to be upset and worried about and this didn't even hit my radar. I want a day where the thing that motivates me to update my status, and is the thing I choose to complain about at that moment, is stupid Facebook.

Gah. I am so incensed. I understand that people engage in hyperbole and that no one is probably really that upset over it but is like a slap in the face to be confronted with so much negativity for something so meaningless.

FORTY-SIX kids
- A DAY!

are diagnosed with cancer - this makes me upset. My 5 yo may get cataracts after they radiate her brain. This makes me upset. A precious sweet little girl is fighting her third bout with cancer with no known treatment to cure her - this. this. makes me upset. guess what? Her mom hasn't said a word on her page about the new changes. BECAUSE it doesn't matter! I suppose the case could be made that if it doesn't matter then why the post here and the answer is because I feel like it and it is my blog.

I feel blessed and lucky every single day to still have my child with me and that she will be cured and the ONLY after affects of this will be post-chemo rashes as her immune system gets rid of the last of the chemo, cataracts, bald spots, higher percentages of tumors and further cancers in her life, especially brain tumors, horrible rotten adult teeth, decreased cognition, hormone imbalances as an adult, possible infertility... I can continue on. I try not to worry about any of this too much. Facebook, not a blip.

I am grateful that this issue is the worst thing anyone has to write about today - that is awesome and there is so much to thank God for! I just needed a little vent and sometimes, sometimes I think a little perspective is a good thing.

No comments: